Sunday, August 21, 2016

DIY - Journal, notebook..



 

QUICK AND EASY DIY



https://youtu.be/IA3MSSA3oOU


STUDY TIP #1 :
Personalize your notes. Personalizing your notebook is just as important!
More study tips coming if you will be interested :)

The amazing person that inspired me to do this, was a blogger and a youtuber Kalyn Nicholson! She is the most amazing and inspiring person, and you should definetly check her out .. Here is her video ''click on me''



Tired of studying out of plain textbooks and want to look forward to sitting down and taking notes and doodle and daydream? 
I can show you a way to personalize your diary, notebook, whatever. It is a pretty quick DIY and you only need 
 You will just go to your favourite website (links above..those are just my preferences) and pick out pictures that suit you best. 



I went for pictures that remind me of what I aspire to, what I can achieve with hard work, and just ''warm and cozy'' pictures, because I like to be comfortable while studying.




After you have picked out the photos, just print them (I print 9 little pictures a page, I just find it most convenient and easy to work with), cut them out and start to put and glue them on the covers of your notebooks. :) 


At the end, you should have something looking like this 

Of course not all pictures fit, so you just have to work it out, I made this on a divider so I could show you from the back side that I put the pictures together like puzzles.


You can use sticky tape OR modge podge, Just let me remind you, if you use modge podge, once you are finished, go over the whole cover to kind of seal the whole thing. Modge podge dries transparent.

And have fun #DIY-ing :) 

18 comments:

  1. I'm not a student anymore, but this could be a cool activity I could do with my students! Personalizing stuff makes school much more comfortable. And sometimes a place of contemplation when things get boring ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree!
      I think it would be a great activity to do with students. It gets your creative side going.
      I actually do this DIY quite a lot, it's like a moodboard

      Delete
  2. I think that is a great idea and it might give you motivation as well, especially if it is filled with things that you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it gave me so much motivation, I got into class all excited to use my pretty notebook

      Delete
  3. Being comfortable while studying - as long as not too comfy that will make you fall asleep :) But being inspired certainly helps put the mind in a good setting to take in more information and connect to it to actually remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this is so true. I'm actually a person that studies right when I wake up so it's not a problem for me, haha :D
      I think it's so important to stay inspired

      Delete
  4. I love to make journals! i will try to make it by following your instructions. The whole idea is so great and keeps the motivation going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a picture of it on IG if you do make it! It would be so fun seeing someone actually trying something out :)

      Delete
  5. This looks fun and good. Your steps are cool to follow also. Will see to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy and such an affordable way to personalize your stuff :)

      Delete
  6. I love ideas like this! easy DIYS are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love easy DIYS like this! I'm not really a student any more but I love notebooks and journals and in my opinion can never have too many of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I often catch myself buying notebooks I don't really need, haha!

      Delete
  8. Being inspired always helps! This is what everyone needs. I like these ideas, which give you a motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a journal when I was younger but it has been such a long time now since I have had one. I may have to use this tutorial in the near future. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you actually try it out, I would love it if you tagged me on IG. :)

      Delete